Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Single Problem

On January 2, 2010, Page Corporation acquired a 90% interest

Customer Question
in Salcedo Company for $3,500,000...
On January 2, 2010, Page Corporation acquired a 90% interest in Salcedo Company for $3,500,000. At that time Salcedo Company had capital stock of $2,250,000 and retained earnings of $1,250,000. The book values of Salcedo Company’s assets and liabilities were equal to their fair values except for land and bonds payable. The land had a fair value of $200,000 and a book value of $120,000. The outstanding bonds were issued on January 1, 2005, at 9% and mature on January 1, 2015. The bonds’ principal is $500,000 and the current yield rate on similar bonds is 6%.Required:
A. Assuming interest is paid annually, prepare a Computation and Allocation Schedule for the difference between book value and the value implied by the purchase price in the consolidated statements workpaper on the acquisition date.
B. Prepare the workpaper entries necessary on December 31, 2010, to allocate and depreciate the difference between book value and the value implied by the purchase price.
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next business test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: That is the whole information.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Single Problem
10/14/2016
Business Tutor: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree replied 1 year ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree

Please advise your deadline.

I am not sure if you know that Just Answer offers a “Premium Service” where I can help you through email (I prefer that because it is more private and secure plus it is easier to share files using email). Since this is an additional service, it involves an additional charge (but since I agree with your offer, I can charge you the lowest possible charge for this service - $5). If interested, I can make you an offer. Please advise.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For now I just need an answer to that particular question. I dont know why I was charged 55 extra dollars with no answer ready. I dont understand your question.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I DO NOT NEED PREMIUM SERVICE I JUST NEED TO SEE THE ANSWER IF YOU HAVE IT IF NOT I WANT MY $55 REFUND.

You have not been charged anything yet :) The amount you have paid remains in your Just Answer account and does not get transferred to an expert's account until you get the solution. I can post the solution here, and there is a premium service where I can email you the solution. Help through email requires an additional charge of $5.

Now, if you do not want help by email, please advise your deadline

Thank you

If you have questions about the charge, you can contact customer service and they will answer your inquiry, but for me, I need to know your deadline please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MY DEADLINE IS TUESDAY.

Thank you. I will start on the problem right away and post the solution as soon as I am done

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** not want to be rude but I have some doubts about the authenticity of these kinds of websided.

Trust me I understand :) Do not worry, you are in safe hands :)

Please click on the following link to download the solution:

https://app.box.com/s/yz4axmqhkekl1qgmma4u3gxas8yhm4iq

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear, please rate the service

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For Manal Elkhoshkhany" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me at least 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will (Also please notify me at least 48 hours in advance) . Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** go over the answer and I will ask if I dont understand soething.

Sure :) Take your time, and if you do not have any questions, please rate the service. I will take a short break and respond to you as soon as I am back

Is all clear or did you have questions? Please remember to rate the service if you have no questions

Thank you

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree