Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Single Problem

This is an excel question projections: I'm trying to project

Customer Question
This is an excel question...
This is an excel question for calculating projections:I'm trying to project income for the remainder of the year and into July 31st of 2017.
Here's my excel formula that I use for projections monthly and annually based on the number of sales days that my company has (306) using a period calendar. How would I do this on a monthly basis?Example of what I'm doing now YTD for each period:
(B54) Jan Period 1 $268,489
(B55) Feb Period 2 $251,653
(B56) March Period 3 $253,215
(B57) April Period 4 $204,596
(B58) May Period 5 $288,460
(B59) June Period 6 $368,605
(B60) July Period 7 $246,038 (Note: Week of 4 of 4, 23 days in the period, day 20 of 23 days in the period, Sales Day 176)
(B66) YTD $1,881,057 (Total of Periods 1 - 7 YTD as of July 27th)
Mo Proj $272,794 (Excel: =(B60/20)*23 Where 20 is the 20th day of a period that has 23 days
Annual Proj $3,270,474 (Excel: =B66/176)*306 Where 176 is sales day 176 of 306My goal is to project til the end of the year for the YTD amount. Do I take the total of $1,881,057 =(B66/7)*12 Where 7 is July or Period 7 and 12 is the 12 month or December?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Single Problem
7/27/2016
Business Tutor: F. Naz, B.Com replied 1 year ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com

Hello

Is this your home work or some real scenario?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does it matter? It's a real scenario.

Of course it matter because it will help me to answer your question, please explain what you require exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please reread my question. It is very detailed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here it is again:I'm trying to project income for the remainder of the year and into July 31st of 2017.
Here's my excel formula that I use for projections monthly and annually based on the number of sales days that my company has (306) using a periodcalendar. How would I do this on a monthly basis?Example of what I'm doing now YTD for each period:
(B54) Jan Period 1 $268,489
(B55) Feb Period 2 $251,653
(B56) March Period 3 $253,215
(B57) April Period 4 $204,596
(B58) May Period 5 $288,460
(B59) June Period 6 $368,605

What does YTD stands for and on what basis you want to project your sales, please provide me the ddetails not the example which you are doing, so I can try to explain you the way, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You don't know what YTD stands for? WOW! Okay, you're not the right person for me. If you don't know what YTD is you don't need to be answering a finance question.

It is not necessary for a person to know each and every abbreviation to become a finance expert, but if you don't want me to help you that is your wish, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
YTD is the most common abbreviation that you could ever use in Finance. Again, if you do not know what this means, you have absolutely no business answering a finance question and taking money for it. WOW! WOW!

It stands for Year to Date, now happy?

linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree