Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Pearl, how do i get the answer to this problem?JA:

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, how do i get the answer to this problem?
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test.
Customer: Thomas, a California resident, owns a summer cabin in South Lake Tahoe. During 2013,
Thomas stayed 20 days, his parents and siblings stayed 8 days and Thomas rented the 3 bedroom 3 bath cabin for 45 days, at $ 250 per day. The following expenses relate to the summer cabin:
Interest expense on debt secured by the residence
and incurred to acquire the residence $16,000
Property taxes related to residence $ 3,300
Insurance $ 2,000
Utilities $ 3,200
Maintenance $ 2,400
Depreciation (calculated on entire property for this year) $ 9,600How much can Thomas deduct on his Schedule E?
In arriving at your answer, you should comment on the two different approaches used in Bolton v Commissioner.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Tutor before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Single Problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the complete question:Thomas, a California resident, owns a summer cabin in South Lake Tahoe. During 2013,
Insurance $ 2,000
Utilities $ 3,200
Maintenance $ 2,400
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond the question by Saturday midnight PST. Thank you
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg. I would like to try assist with this question if possible. What is the author/title/edition (ISBN would also work) for the text these questions are taken from? Is there any further information that can be provided? What is the deadline for submission of a resource?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know for sure. I need the answer by tomorrow evening at 6:00 pm PST.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg will you be able to solve it by today 6 p.m. PST?
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help. Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Thank you for trying.