linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

I am doing my Accounting homework and I am trying to figure

Customer Question

I am doing my Accounting homework and I am trying to figure how to calculate the allocation base for materials handling.
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: Compute the activity cost rates for materials handling, assembly, and design based on these data: Materials Cloth 26,000 Fasteners 4,000 Purchased parts 40,000 Materials handling Labor 8,000 Equipment depreciation 5,000 Electrical power 2,000 Maintenance 6,000 Assembly Machine operations 5,000 Design Labor 5,000 Electrical power 1,000 Overhead 8,000 Output totaled 40,000 units. Each unit requires three machine hours of effort. Materials handling costs are allocated to the products based on direct materials cost. Design costs are allocated based on units produced. Assembly costs are allocated based on 500 machine operator hours. (Hint: activity cost rate = total activity costs/total allocation base. Examples of an allocation base include total dollars of materials, total machine operator hours, or total units of output).
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Single Problem
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 1 year ago.

I can help, but the way the data is posted makes it very hard to read. Can you please upload a file with the question to www.mediafire.com then copy and paste the share link here?

When you do, please advise your deadline

Thank you