Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Single Problem

How would you describe a change that a company makes from

Customer Question
the equity method to the...
how would you describe a change that a company makes from the equity method to the fair value method of accounting for investments?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Single Problem
1/31/2016
Business Tutor: rakhi.v, Bachelor's Degree replied 1 year ago
rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Bachelor's Degree

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing me an opportunity to assist you.

Normally when a company changes from equuity method to the fair value method of accounting, most probably it is done when the owner ship interest gets 20

Dear Friend,

Normally when a company changes from equity method to the fair value method of accounting, most probably it is done when the owner ship interest gets 20% or lower.

The ownership of less than 20% creates an investment position carried at fair market value in the investor's balance sheet. Fair market value (FMV) is an estimate of the market value of a property, based on what a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured buyer would probably pay to a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured seller in the market.

It is only this circumstance that usually leads to change from equity method of accounting investments to fair value method.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

rakhi.v
rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Bachelor's Degree