Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Single Problem

can you answer the questions for Foundations of Accounting

can you answer the questions...

can you answer the questions for Foundations of Accounting I Accounting Project Written by: Karen Pitsch

Foundations of Accounting I

Accounting Project

Written by: Karen Pitsch

David’s Entertainment is a merchandising business. Their account balances as of November 30, 2012 (unless otherwise indicated), are as follows:

110 Cash $ 73,920

112 Accounts Receivable 34,250

113 Allowance for Doubtful Accounts 11,000

115 Merchandise Inventory 123,900

116 Prepaid Insurance 3,750

117 Store Supplies 2,850

123 Store Equipment 100,800

124 Accumulated Depreciation-Store Equipment 20,160

210 Accounts Payable 21,450

211 Salaries Payable 0

218 Interest Payable 0

220 Note Payable (Due 2017) 15,000

310 D. Williams, Capital (January 1, 2012) 73,260

311 D. Williams, Drawing 50,000

312 Income Summary 0

410 Sales 853,445

411 Sales Returns and Allowances 20,020

412 Sales Discounts 13,200

510 Cost of Merchandise Sold 414,575

520 Sales Salaries Expense 74,400

521 Advertising Expense 18,000

522 Depreciation Expense 0

523 Store Supplies Expense 0

529 Miscellaneous Selling Expense 2,800

530 Office Salaries Expense 40,500

531 Rent Expense 18,600

532 Insurance Expense 0

533 Bad Debt Expense 0

539 Miscellaneous Administrative Expense 1,650

550 Interest Expense 1,100

David’s Entertainment uses the perpetual inventory system and the First-in, First-out costing method. Transportation-in and purchase discounts should be added to the Inventory Control Sheet, but since this will complicate the computation of the First-in, First-out costing method, please ignore this step in the process. They also use the Allowance Method for bad debt.

The Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Subsidiary Ledgers along with the Inventory Control Sheet should be updated as each transaction affects them (daily).

David’s Entertainment sells four types of television entertainment units.

The sale prices of each are:

TV A: $3,500

TV B: $5,250

TV C: $6,125

PS D: $9,000

During December, the last month of the accounting year, the following transactions were completed:

Dec. 1. Issued check number 2632 for the December rent, $2,600.

1. Purchased three TV C units on account from Prince Co., terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point, $11,100.

2. Issued check number 2633 to pay the transportation changes on purchase of December 3, $400. (NOTE: Do not include shipping and purchase discounts to the Inventory Control sheet for this project.)

1. Sold four TV A and four TV B on account to Albert Co., invoice 891, terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point.

1. Sold two projector systems for cash.

2. Purchased store supplies on account from Matt Co., terms n/30, $580.

1. Issued check to Prince Co. number 2634 for the full amount due, less discount allowed.

2. Issued credit memo for one TV A unit returned on sale of December 6.

3. Issued check number 2635 for advertising expense for last half of December, $1,500.

4. Received cash from Albert Co. for the full amount due (less return of December 14 and discount).

19. Issued check number 2636 to buy two TV C units, $7,600.

19. Issued check number 2637 for $6,100 to Joseph Co. on account.

1. Sold five TV C units on account to Cameron Co., invoice number

892, terms 1/10, n/30, FOB shipping point.

1. For the convenience of the customer, issued check number 2638 for shipping charges on sale of December 20, $700.

2. Received $12,250 cash from McKenzie Co. on account, no discount.

1. Purchased three projector systems on account from Elisha Co., terms 1/10, n/30, FOB destination, $15,600.

24. Received notification that Marie Co. has been granted bankruptcy with no

amount of recovery. We are to write-off her amount due. (Note: See page

402 for entry required.)

1. Issued a debit memo for return of $5,200 because of a damaged projection

system purchased on December 21, receiving credit from the seller.

1. Issued check number 2639 for refund of cash on sales made for cash, $600. (Customer was going to return goods until an allowance was arranged.)

27. Issued check number 2640 for sales salaries of $1,750 and office

salaries of $950.

1. Purchased store equipment on account from Matt Co., terms n/30, FOB

destination, $1,200.

1. Issued check number 2641 for store supplies, $470.

2. Sold four TV C units on account to Randall Co., invoice number 893,

terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point.

1. Received cash from sale of December 20, less discount, plus transportation

paid on December 20. (Round calculations to the nearest dollar.)

1. Issued check number 2642 for purchase of December 21, less return

of December 25 and discount.

1. Issued a debit memo for $300 of the purchase returned from

December 28.

Instructions:

1. Enter the balances of each of the accounts in the appropriate balance column of a four-column account (General Ledger). Write Balance in the item section, and place a check mark (x) in the Post Reference column.

2. Journalize the transactions in a sales journal, purchases journal, cash receipts journal, cash payments journal, or general journal as illustrated in chapter 7. Also post to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Subsidiary ledgers and Inventory Control Sheet as needed.

3. Total each column on the special journals and prove the journal.

4. Post the totals of the account named columns and individually post the “other” columns as well to the General Ledger.

5. Prepare the Schedule of Accounts Receivable and the Schedule of Accounts Payable (their total amount must equal the amount in their controlling general ledger account).

6. Prepare the unadjusted trial balance on the worksheet.

7. Complete the worksheet for the year ended December 31, 2012, using the following adjustment data:

a. Merchandise inventory on December 31 $90,800

b. Insurance expired during the year 1,250

c. Store supplies on hand on December 31 975

d. Depreciation for the current year needs to be calculated. The business uses

the Straight-line method, the store equipment has a useful life of 10 years

with no salvage value. (NOTE: the purchase and return will not be included

as the dates of the transactions were after the 15th of the month).

e. Accrued salaries on December 31:

Sales salaries $1,400

Office salaries 760 2,160

f. The note payable terms are at 8%, payment is not being made until Jan. 3, 2013. Interest must be recognized for one month.

g. Net realizable value of Accounts Receivable is determined to be $27,950.

8. Prepare a multiple-step income statement, a statement of owner’s equity, and a

classified balance sheet in good form. (Recommend review of “Current Liabilities” on pages 166 & 167 and “Current Maturities of Long-term Debt” on page 480.)

9. Journalize and post the adjusting entries.

1. Journalize and post the closing entries. Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line

in both balance columns opposite the closing entry.

1. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2013
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Hello

I can help, but please advise your deadline

Thank you

26 Oct 2013.

Thank you

Great, thank you

I will send you a message if I need anything

I have all the spread sheets in and excel already, do you want that?

You can upload that to www.mediafire.com then copy & paste the share link here please :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?d3bkzdcpvraso9p,mo6mdcb65ajedom,gi99ydwetczbcbr

F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com
F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com
F. Naz
F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com