linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Abe Forrester and three of his friends from college have interested

Abe Forrester and three of his friends from college have interested a group of venture capitalists in backing their business idea. The proposed operation would consist of a series of retail outlets to distribute and service a full line of vacuum cleaners and accessories. These stores would be located in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. To finance the new venture two plans have been proposed.

Plan A is an all-common-equity structure in which 2.4 million dollars would be raised by selling common stock at $10 per share.

Plan B would involve the use of financial leverage. $1.2 million dollars woulb be raised by selling bonds with an a effective interest rate of 10.7% (per annum), and the remaining $1.2 milion would be raised by selling common stock at the $10 price per share. No fixed maturity date is needed. A 35% tax rate is deemed appropriate for the analysis.

A. Find the EBIT indifference level associated with the two financing plans.
B. Prepare a pro forma income statement for the EBIT level solved for in Part a. that shows that EPS will be the same regardless whether Plan A or Plan B is chosen
Category: Single Problem
Expert:  linda_us replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am having trouble arriving at the answer for Y which is why I keep having difficulty with the problems. Are you able to provide an excel version of the calculation to arrive at Y?
Expert:  linda_us replied 5 years ago.
I am providing the detailed response.

Wait for few minutes.
Expert:  linda_us replied 5 years ago.

Please CLICK HERE for Solution

If you still need excel version, please let me know but that won't be as detailed as this.

Regards

Linda