Kathy
Kathy, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in MFT and B.S in Psychology and Education Leadership specialization.
49749778

I need help for a Euthyphro – Plato In the Euthyphro, Socrates

I need help for a Euthyphro – Plato In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept of piety/holiness. This essay will not only test your ability to recognize and engage philosophical concepts and analysis, but also brings you into the dialogue as a participant, asking you to create your own definition of holiness. Read the Euthyphro, and write a paper in which you do the following: 1.Explain how the concept of holiness emerges in the dialogue and why it takes a prominent position in the conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro. 2.Present the three definitions that Euthyphro uses in his response to Socrates, and then explain how Socrates refutes each of Euthyphro’s definitions. 3.Formulate your own argument as to what you think Socrates’s goal is in this dialogue. How do you know that is his goal? What features of the dialogue align with your interpretation of his goal? 4.Provide your own definition of piety/holiness and then create a Socratic response/critique of your definition. After you present your definition, take on the role of Socrates and respond to your own definition as you think he would. Euthyphro – Plato In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept of piety/holiness. This essay will not only test your ability to recognize and engage philosophical concepts and analysis, but also brings you into the dialogue as a participant, asking you to create your own definition of holiness. Read the Euthyphro, and write a paper in which you do the following: 1.Explain how the concept of holiness emerges in the dialogue and why it takes a prominent position in the conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro. 2.Present the three definitions that Euthyphro uses in his response to Socrates, and then explain how Socrates refutes each of Euthyphro’s definitions. 3.Formulate your own argument as to what you think Socrates’s goal is in this dialogue. How do you know that is his goal? What features of the dialogue align with your interpretation of his goal? 4.Provide your own definition of piety/holiness and then create a Socratic response/critique of your definition. After you present your definition, take on the role of Socrates and respond to your own definition as you think he would.

kghinaglia :

Welcome to Just Answer. Before I can commit to assist with your assignment I would like to know when is your assignment due? Also, if there is a number of words requirement? Thanks

Customer:

Hello the assignment is due tonight and the page requiremen is 2-3 pages.

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

t

Customer:

I have already completed my paper but I need help rewriting it in a more advanced way...Can you please help me ad I will show you what I already have wrote if you like.

Customer:

and

kghinaglia :

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to assist for this evening as I am already completing a previous assignment. What time zone are you located in?

Customer:

Central.. well can you have it for me by 10 or 11 Central standard time?

kghinaglia :

Post your paper now, and I will take a quick look at it and soon as I complete my current assignment I will do my best to complete it on before 11:30 CST. Thanks

Customer:

The concept of holiness emerges in the dialogue and why it takes a prominent position in the

conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro is essentially, the question at hand is whether something

is considered holy because it is loved by the gods or if that which spoken of is loved by the gods because

it in itself is holy. The initial problem created is what is to be identified as holy. The gods willing

something as holy would provide certain implications of what is expected of those who choose to

worship. In other words, regardless of what a certain belief might entail, the people must follow it

anyway simply because the gods will so. However, if the other end of the spectrum were to be analyzed,

than that would mean that there is more to be considered in the matter of what is holy or not. In this

case, the gods must have created their own supported system of classification and morals to adopt

something as holy for it may have been holy anyway. The conclusion that is drawn initializes a different

perception due to the idea that there may be something held in higher regard than the opinions of the

gods.

The Euthyphro raises an interesting question from these two points. In the case of Catholicism,

there are many sacred texts that lay out questions of morality in full detail to prevent dilemmas from

occurring within one's soul. However, suppose the Ten Commandments were re-written as to say, "

Thou shall kill". Obviously, taking the life of another is considered immoral in every sense, but if it were

written in the scriptures then that would imply that God supports such behavior. Translate this idea to

that which is raised in the Euthyphro and it is relatively simple to decipher what is really meant by the

gods. The gods could essentially will anything as holy but that does not necessarily mean that it right.

Based on this idea, the theory that the gods support a belief because it is truly holy is the more feasible

of the two schools of thought.

Also in this dilemma explored in Plato’s dialogue Euthyphro. Are pious things pious because the

God’s love them, or do the gods love them because they are pious? The dilemma poses the question of

Whether value can be conceived as the upshot of the choice of any mind, even a divine one. On the first

option the choice of the gods creates goodness and value. Even if this is intelligible it seems to make it

impossible to praise the gods, for it is then vacuously true that they choose the good. On the second

option we have to understand a source of value lying behind or beyond the will even of the gods, and by

which they can be evaluated. The elegant solution of Aquinasis that the standard is formed by God's

nature, and is therefore distinct from his will, but not distinct from him.

The dilemma arises whatever the source of authority is supposed to be. Do we care about the

good because it is good, or do we just call good those things that we care about? It also generalizes to

affect our understanding of the authority of other things: mathematics, or necessary, for example. Are

truths necessary because we deem them to be so, or do we deem them to be so because they are

necessary?

kghinaglia :

I will start reading your work. Thanks

Your custom answer is attached. I hope it helps you. Please rate my answer positively if you are satisfied with it. Otherwise, let me know if you have any additional questions related to this assignment. Thanks answer

Please let me know if the document uploaded or you rather that I paste document her so you can retrieve it. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks ...How do I go about paying you:)!!!

You can rate my answer if you see the smiling faces with a positive rating I will be compensated for my efforts. Otherwise you may see an accept key pressing it will also allow that I can paid for my services. Thanks