JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

For 45 years I have cultivated, rent free, part of a piece

For 45 years I have cultivated, rent free, part of a piece of ground with the verbal permission of the, then, owner (The co-operative Society Area Manager). Do I have rights in respect of Adverse Possession as the new owners wish to stop my occupation. We live in Scotland.
JA: Have you talked to a Scottish lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None - but I am considering writing to my solicitor. Should have included that the piece of ground is 30 by 16 yards appx and is less than half of the whole garden
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not want to incur expense at this stage

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. There is no doctrine of adverse possession in Scotland. You cannot derive ownership of this ground without a title. The new owners can ask you to vacate the ground. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Shame but hey ho. thank you for your response. i sent a 5 rating!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.