Scots Law

Scottish Law Questions? Ask a Scots Lawyer

Scots Law

I live in Scotland and split with my partner 13 months ago.

Customer Question
Hi, I live in...

Hi, I live in Scotland and split with my partner 13 months ago. We were not married, have 2 children together and had 3 months prior to splitting moved to a new flat and signed a joint tenancy. I have never agreed to come off the lease, and there has been no official court order to have me removed. She however is adamant that she has signed a new lease and I am no longer a tennent.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Scottish family court?

Nope never been to court. We are currently arguing about care of the children (I was the main carer before we split) but am lucky to see them every second weeken. There has been no issue with domestic violence or threats from myself. The current issue (bar contact obviously) is that I have requested the return of property that was mine before our relationship started and she has refused. I gave her the keys back to the property for her peace of mind, but still have keys to a lock up downstairs. I have been homeless (friends) couch for 12 months but want my things as I have new flat. Can she keep my things from me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Contact yes, property no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Scots Law
1/13/2018
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
JGM
JGM
JGM, Solicitor