Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

My father died and bequeathed his estate to a civil partner…

Customer Question
My father died and...

My father died and bequeathed his estate to a civil partner who died soon after.what are my rights.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Scotland

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Both my father and his civil partner had wills, but his civil partner has no family

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Scots Law
11/30/2017
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Do you have any brothers and sisters? Were you left anything in your father’s will? Do you know what the civil partner’s will says? When did each of them die?