Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

I was found guilty of domestic assault earlier this year I…

Customer Question
Hi I was found...

Hi I was found guilty of domestic assault earlier this year I was given a 2 year supervision order before the offence happened I had a serious heart attack I went into a state of depression fear suicidal feelings anxiety I went to the doctor got antidepressants I was in a relationship which was on its last legs on the morning of 12th Feb 2016 I drank a quantity of strong alcohol went into a blackout I'd been sober for 7 years at that time all the times I appeared at court and on the day of the trial I never heard any mention of a medical report surely being in an unstable frame of mind and medical condition would have been taken into account in court

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

I attended an appointment yesterday with supervising officer she said I could still be looking at a custodial sentence

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in Falkirk Scotland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I went up for trial on 2nd March this year and was given a 2year supervision order

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have to attend court on 20th Oct would I be within my rights to get a doctors report myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Scots Law
9/21/2017
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Why are you going back to court on 20th October?