JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I got stopped in Scotland by unmarked car for speeding. I

Customer Question

I got stopped in Scotland by unmarked car for speeding. I never got any paperwork, but they said it would be up to the procurator fiscal to decide. How long will this normally take to hear from them?
JA: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?
Customer: I got no paperwork or anything. They just said they would send to PF to decide.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Scotland uk
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. They have six months to decide whether or not to issue you with a citation. If the please officers didn't issue you with a fixed penalty I presume that your speed was quite high. Let me know if you have any other question as a result. In the meantime please leave a positive rating so that I am registered for my time.