Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I TUPe'd over to my employer 8 years ago. I managed a

Customer Question

I TUPe'd over to my employer 8 years ago. I managed a contracted service on behalf of my employer. I managed a contracted service on behalf of my employer. They terminated the contract with our service provider having decided to bring the service in house. I've been told verbally my job as contract manager doesn't exist but alternative work will be found for me. A couple of staff from the service provider TUPE'd into my team on Monday. I've not been offered an alternative job as yet. A lot of the duties I had in addition to managing the contract have been shared out to colleagues leaving me little to do. I have nothing in writing. I feel demoralised, humiliated and anxious. My employer has known for six months that they were bringing the service in house and that I was no longer needed to carry out my role. What are my rights. The terms I TUPE'D over on still apply, including I would expect, my terms of redundancy which are more favourable than my current employers terms. Thanks. Brenda
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time and permanent
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Are you basically hoping for redundancy?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Are you basically hoping for redundancy?