How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 9436
Experience:  30 years in General Practice
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex has accused me of tting her on face after she turned

Customer Question

My ex has accused me of hitting her on face after she turned up at my flat
Red marks on face via pics and 13 yr old daughter present
I've been charged with
Assault to injury domestic and breach of peace
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain the situation in detail and what you would like to know about this please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex wife and daughter turned up at my flat unannounced and caused a scene to gain access to my flat.
I eventually opened the door to her shouting .
She accused me of hitting her on face and causing marks (photos taken by police)
She accused me of taken their phones then handing them back
Accused me of verbal abuse till they left.
My 13 yr old daughter gave statement saying tgat she never seen me hit her mum but I was shouting .
I never hit her!!Also earlier that day she turned up at my flat and we argued.I've no previous and court has granted bail and not to approach her etc.What's the sentience if guilty?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I have just noticed the reference to your alleged offence, and I therefore think you are in Scotland. If you can confirm, I can transfer this to Scottish law for you because they take a different and more serious view of domestic violence in Scotland than they do in England & Wales.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I initially did say in my Q . That it was Scottish Law.
Please can you give me your opinion without
Any other fees etc.
Another £49 for a call ??
I already have a solicitor on this case.
I was looking for a second opinion .
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I’m sorry, but I can’t see any reference to Scotland anywhere in the question or question category.

I can give you an opinion based upon English law but not Scottish law.

You only pay the one fee regardless of the number of exchanges we have.

If you have no previous convictions for assault, it’s likely that you would get a fine or community service or both and a restraining order.