How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11260
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can our neighbour restrict o access to our property that's

Customer Question

Can our neighbour restrict o access to our property that's been there for 100 years or more?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Normally a right of access would be stated in the title deeds to the properties concerned. however, even if it isn't, you can claim a prescriptive right of access if it has been used without interruption for more than 20 years. evidence of the continued use would be needed. i presume that won't be a difficulty. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time. Happy to discuss any specific point further.