How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I registered with nhbc on 8/07/2010 as a developer I then

Customer Question

hi I registered with nhbc on 8/07/2010 as a developer I then went on to build a number of houses until I decided to stop and change career in june 2015 and had the company struck off at companies house on 12/01/2016 nhbc are now chasing me for costs they incurred on the last properties I built. when I signed the indemnity I was of the understanding that should I close down the business I would no longer be liable thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what other details do you need ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. When you registered your company with NHBC, did you also sign a personal guarantee in their favour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but like I said if I stopped developing then that would end this is why I closed the company that's the way I understood it
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

That would be the purpose of the personal guarantee. So that they could still pursue you even if the company ceased trading. Can you email the personal guarantee to***@******.*** and ask the moderator to forward it to JGM and I will be happy to look at it for you.