How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has left her house to my brother, my sister and I

Customer Question

my mother has left her house to my brother, my sister and I strongly feel that morally we should have a right to an equal share in the property on her death, with the house being put up for sale and each of us given a third of the moneey, my brother, who is younger than us, has lived with his girlfriend permanently, she claims state benefits and has not disclosed she has a partner living with her (he works part-tim. my mother has not disclosed this fact to theauthorities and has told them her son still lives with her. how can my sister and I right this wrong as my mother refuses to chang her will and the daughters will be left dependant on the brothers charity on her death, ie if he decides to keep everything for himself? We live in Scotland.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Why has your mother done this and is she of sound mind?