How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11431
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is a parcel of land approx 1 acre next to my house, which

Customer Question

Hi there is a parcel of land approx 1 acre next to my house, which was owned by a company which is now dissolved. As its dissolved I assume the land now belongs to the treasury but they do not know, how can I either buy or claim this land
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Upon dissolution the land fell to the Crown which in Scotland is retreated by QLTR. See The company can apply to be restored to the register if it wants to reclaim the land. If it doesn't you can approach QLTR and ask them to sell you the land. The procedures are laid out on their website. You can't just claim the land, you have to approach QLTR.