Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

Crofting. In short, i've inherited some croft land, have no…

Customer Question
Crofting. In short...

Crofting. In short, i've inherited some croft land, have no interest in working it and would like to sell it for as high a price as possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My late father left me some croft land. I am not a crofter and have no interest in agriculture. I would like to sell the land and as far as i can tell, it would have much more value if it was decrofted and sold as housing plots. But i dont know if this option open to me. There seems to be very little advice available for people like me who have crofts dropped into their lap.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Scots Law
1/21/2016
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
JGM
JGM
JGM, Solicitor