Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am currently being chased by child maintenace but i have

Customer Question

I am currently being chased by child maintenace for payments but i have contested that the child is may not be mine. (it was a one night stand). CMS reponded by saying it was to late to contest parenthood and that i owed until i porved other wise, i explaned i could not afford to pay for the DNA test. i dont see why i should have to pay for what may be someone elses child. since hten they have tried to contact my LTD company and my acccountant.
Do they have theright to harrass me and take money when have yet to prove that the chils is mine?
also can they take money from me without my permission?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this. Can you tell me what the letter says about it being too late to contest parenthood? You are either the parent or you are not. If you are not then they can't claim maintenance. I am interested in why they think it is too late to contest that you are the father.