Scots Law

Scottish Law Questions? Ask a Scots Lawyer

Scots Law

I was charged with Assault to injury (domestic) and also

Customer Question
breach of bail by entering...
I was charged with Assault to injury (domestic) and also breach of bail by entering my ex partners street. Both charges I have plead not guilty to. I am trying to find out what sort of sentences I could face if found guilty of both charges and the variables
if only found guilty of one or the other. I have tried getting this info from my solicitor but it appears I have hired a bunch of circus performers who I never get a response from.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Scots Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2015
Lawyer: jomo1972, Barrister replied 2 years ago
jomo1972
jomo1972, Barrister

What would you like to know about this please?

I am looking to find out what the possible sentences could be if I am found guilty. I am extremely confident that the assault charge is not going to stand up to scrutiny from my solicitor but I am nervous as to what could be the outcome should both charges be found guilty at trial.

Ok. What are the facts?

What are you said to have done?

I apparently grabbed her by the throat, pushed her against a wall and pushed her down the stairs. The medical evidence in the court papers state that the victim claimed to have a sore stomach and sore index finder. She refused medical treatment.
I think it is also important that she still allows me unsupervised access with my 2yo son. He stays at my house 3 nights a week.

Those are actions that probably do amount to the higher end of the sentencing bracket.

Nevertheless, on a first offence I wokd expect a community order probably involving something like the think first course. It is not serious enough for an IDAP course.

It is aggravated by the grab to the throat and obviously the push down stairs.

This would normally leave injury though so I would concentrate on being acquitted.

Can I clarify anything for you? Jo

In 2009 I plead guilty to criminal law consolidation scotland act 1995 section 5 3. I was given 3 years probation.What is the higher end of the sentencing bracket bearing in mind there is also a breach of bail for entering her street (non violent/aggressive)
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
jomo1972
jomo1972
jomo1972, Barrister