JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I am employed by a large organisation (about 500 empoyees in

Customer Question

I am employed by a large organisation (about 500 empoyees in Scotland). The company is headquartered in Engand. Although empoyed by this organisation, I am solely occupied with operating an agency of the United Nations that the UK has contrcated to operate since 1985. I believe that plans are being coinsidered to offer the agency to another State and I would possibly be offered another post within the main organisation. I shall be 69 In May 2016 and plan to retire in 2017. What are my rights - do I have accept any other post offered assuming my T&Cs are maintained or can I specify retirement at the time of transfer? As this would be prior to my expected retirement data can I ask for any compensation for loss of pension and income? Thank you
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question. If you are transferred within the organisation on the same or substantially similar terms and conditions you would have to accept that. You can ask for retirement but unless there is a scheme in place that would be tantamount to simply giving in your resignation and you wouldn't be in a position to ask for compensation for loss of pension and income. There may be a voluntary redundancy scheme put in place given the circumstances but that would have to be at the instance of the employer and couldn't be demanded by the employee.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Your welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.