How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11158
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm charged with assault to severe injury with permanent

Customer Question

Hi . I'm charged with assault to severe injury with permanent disfigurement .
It's simply not true, this man punched my partner and admits throwing the first punch.
I tried stopping this fight and when the guy came back at
My partner with something in his hand. I pushed him and he stumbled .
He has a laceration to face and a cut lip . But the two men did have a fight .
I've been advised to plead guilty to pushing .
They have not charged my partner and have said I caused injury .
I'm due up in court very soon and have been indicted.
Am I looking at a custodial? I'm a single Mother of 3 and two of my children have disabilities . I'm from England and my partner from Scotland. This took place in Scotland .
Any advice would be greatly received .
The CCTV does not show me in any incriminating way. Also nothing in my hands . They say I hit him with a glass or similar sharp object .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

I take it you were trying to protect your partner and acting in self defence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to be refunded . You've taken over £50 out of my account. That's appalling . I want my money back today
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.