JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I have disputed a parking charge in Scotland 3 times, the

Customer Question

I have disputed a parking charge in Scotland 3 times, the UKPC deny receiving the letters. a debt recovery agency have now threatened me with court action and quoted SA1236/15 UKPC v Melvin. what can I do next? I cannot prove that I sent the letters they have conveniently erased.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
They can only take you to court if they can prove that you contractually bound yourself to their conditions by parking in accordance with the terms and conditions displayed at the site. If you didn't know about the conditions ther is no contract and you can ignore them. Their failure to respond to your correspondence only exacerbates the fact that they haven't followed due process.
My experience is that they will eventually give up and go away.
I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.