How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend has been blocked by accessing his land due to

Customer Question

Hi, my friend has been blocked by accessing his land due to a recent property development. the ground in front of his land is now held in common by the resident of the new estates. the developer also built a large fence round his ground which he has had access to for over 20 year. he want to build a vehicular access into his ground over this 2m strip of land as it falls sharply and he requires a hip replacement. Is he able to establish his right to access his ground?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I need to see a lot more about the titles. Do you have the title numbers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I can get them for you. In principle my friend has by prescription used that land for over 20 years.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It sounds that he might want to get a court order declaring he has a right of access but let me see the relevant titles.