Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

I have a welfare hearing to attend next week...i opposed…

Customer Question
Hi...i have a welfare hearing...
Hi...i have a welfare hearing to attend next week...i opposed the initial motion. I am representing myself as I think my 3 year old should have contact with her father. However he is asking for contact that I consider beyond her age and stage of development....he has contact with her through an intrim court order of every second weekend friday untill sunday which is good and mid week non residential contact on a Tuesday. ..The later is new and my daughter is not wanting to go...i have tried to get her to go and generated situations in the back garden whereby her dad can take her as it's too distressing for me to see...separation anxiety I would presume. Can I ask for this to be halted for the time being and weekend contact to be reduced given her anxiety and behaviour when leaving?? It's totally out of character for her.
He has also requested 2 weeks holiday during summer months which I feel is too long and would rather suggest Monday to Friday or long weekends untill she gets a little older...will the sheriff see this as unreasonable?
He has asked her for every second xmas but she also has two other siblings...my suggestion would be two hours every xmas eve as well as contact with her for 3 hours xmas day returning home and then going for residential contact boxing morning untill 27th every year...is this unreasonable ?? Just thinking about her needs but need to be sure that it's not unrealistic afore I represent myself...many thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Scots Law
The interim order has been in court since 2013! Starting to feel like his demands are an infringement on my right...he had contact with her last weekend but recieved a text friday night when he had her to say he was going outwith the country and would not be able to have her for the full weekend...as a result I had to change my plans to accommodate. I asked him via text sunday to ask if I could have her for a family function this Friday night and he said no...why would I be in contempt of court but not him. He asked for her the following weekend prior to my request as extra and I agreed some weeks ago but feel he is being unfair...what do I do??
I initially had a solicitor but decided to represent myself as I am not opposed to contact.....just opposed to duration requested given her anxiety and age and stage of development.
Last year offered that he reduced his hours at work to help with childcare but he didntbwant to do that....however i had to reduce my hours dramatically
6/10/2015
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.