How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11567
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a fiar i shared with the liferent. his attitude caused me

Customer Question

im a fiar i shared with the liferent. his attitude caused me to consult a psyciatrist and community psyciatric nurse i moved out as i was classified as homeless. is there any action i can take
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
A liferent interest in a house doesn't provide for the fair to have occupancy rights in the property for the duration of the liferent.
Accordingly, could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you as it is a matter of record that i needed lots of psyciatric intervention . can i sue the liferent for stress and psyciatric damage
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can, but that would be as a result of the personal relationship between you and nothing to do with the property relationship. In other words the Scots law of delictual liability and not the law of property.