JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Im a fiar i shared with the liferent. his attitude caused me

Customer Question

im a fiar i shared with the liferent. his attitude caused me to consult a psyciatrist and community psyciatric nurse i moved out as i was classified as homeless. is there any action i can take
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
A liferent interest in a house doesn't provide for the fair to have occupancy rights in the property for the duration of the liferent.
Accordingly, could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you as it is a matter of record that i needed lots of psyciatric intervention . can i sue the liferent for stress and psyciatric damage
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can, but that would be as a result of the personal relationship between you and nothing to do with the property relationship. In other words the Scots law of delictual liability and not the law of property.