How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11554
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband wants to apply /50 custody of our 4 yr

Customer Question

My ex husband wants to apply for 50/50 custody of our 4 yr old. He has lived with me as his primary carer for 2 years, with regular contact from my ex. What are changes of him being granted this. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
There is almost no chance of this being granted. Any court will take the view that a child needs stability and a "base" home. There's no reason why generous contact can't be exercised by the father but the child is far too young for a 50:50 arrangement.
I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.