Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

My father has a commercial tenant in a property he owns. The…

Customer Question
My father has a commercial...
My father has a commercial tenant in a property he owns. The tenant runs a chiropractic clinic from the premises. He recently asked my father if he could transfer the 3 year tenancy agreement to his son, who would run his own business from the premises. My father said that shouldn't be a problem and provided the existing tenant with a solicitors quote for the assignment. The tenant said the quote was too expensive and for 3 months there was no further contact. It now turns out that the son has been running his practise from the premises shortly after contact ceased,and the father has retired. Would the building insurance on the property still be valid, with an unauthorised tenant in occupation?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/4/2015
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.