How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11546
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My query concerns how to appeal against a Sheriff Court

Customer Question

Hello. My query concerns how to appeal against a Sheriff Court Judgement. A Entry Warrant was granted to Scottish Borders council for my rental property in Scotland despite the fact that I provided counter evidence from an independent dry rot specialist that states that there is no dry rot in my property. I wish to appeal against the dicision. How do I go about doing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
if this was a judgment following a court hearing then you appeal to the Sheriff Principal by marking an appeal within 14 days of the final judgment of the sheriff.
If, however, as I suspect, this is an application that was granted as a summary warrant, then there is no formal appeal as such and you have to apply to the court to suspend the warrant and interdict further action. This is a complex type of application and would need solicitor involvement.
Happy to discuss further.