How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11271
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was pushing down twice by his mother partner - and

Customer Question

Hi My son was pushing down twice by his mother partner - and threatened with violence - the police conclude this was a family matter but i am not satisfied I am considering a civil case
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
In criminal terms this would be assault and breach of the peace. If the police won't do anything consider reporting directly to the procurator fiscal.
The problem with a civil case is that you would have to fund it yourself. You could not guarantee success and it's unlikely the court would make an award of damages in a family situation such as this.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.