How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11124
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son who is presently CSA in respect of two children,twins,

This answer was rated:

My son who is presently CSA in respect of two children,twins, has contacted the CSA twice asking for his payment to be reduced as one of the children has now left school and is employed.
They have never replied or reduced payments.
Can he take out an interim interdict against the CSA to stop them taking full payment?
Thank you for your question.

Yes, he can, although that is an expensive procedure to go down. Whilst he can ask for judicial expenses of the action he would still have to fund the action in the first instance and would only get, at best, 75% of his costs back.

He should email them again and follow that up with a phone call to ask why he has not received an acknowledgement. He may also want to get his solicitor to write, before taking proceedings, but the answer to your main question is yes, interdict proceedings would be competent.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you