How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11286
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

falsified evidence

This answer was rated:

I am aware of a situation where falsified evidence was presented at a court case. Should I report it to the police? 

Thank you for your question.

If you are alleging a fraud then you report it to the police.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, so in this situation falsified evidence was presented at a court case with the intention of getting a court order to replace documents at companies' house.

Companies’ house now shows falsified share registers.

Do I report it to the police first or should I pursue a civil case? The original case to get the documents changed was against the P.F. – Would I need to lodge another case against the P.F. to get the correct documents re-instated?

The falsified share registers have been around for 4 years. How would the person who had their shares stolen go about getting the dividends they were entitled to back from the party who stole them?

Report the fraud to the police and also raise a civil case for compensation arising from dividend losses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are the police usually efficient in taking action on these types of things or would it be better to approach the part in question with the aim of coming to an agreement outside the legal system? I don't want to hand the info to the police and then end up waiting years for it all to be resolved.

It depends what evidence of the crime is available and what investigations have to be carried out. I don't think a general answer would be of help to you here.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you