How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11427
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend was charged and put before the Sheriff Court and

This answer was rated:

My boyfriend was charged and put before the Sheriff Court and charged with domestic abuse.

This was a row over him not buying me a bottle of wine and it's got out of control.

I lost my job in November and this has but a strain on our relationship and I have stated drinking more and more.

This ended in a big row and I threw some food at him. This was the last straw for him and he pulled me into the bedroom and stated to empty my clothes onto the bed. I then rang the police and he was arrested.

To be honest, I can't remember what I said to the police because I was drunk but he is now on bail and can't see me or contact me.

This is just madness and I never expected it to go this far but it has. I know this was all my fault and there was no need to involve the police.

I've written to the PF asking for his bail conditions to be dropped and for them to consider dropping the case but I don't know what is going to happen, its such a mess.

P.S He has never done anything like this before and he didn't strike me or anything, just pulled me into the bedroom and threw clothes on the bed.
Thank you for your question.

Your only course of action is for his solicitor to apply to the court for a relaxation of the bail conditions. You would have to be present in court in support of the application.

It is up to the PF to decide whether to proceed with the charges at all. You can have no influence over that at all.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you