How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been charged with assault on my 12 year old stepson.

Customer Question

I have been charged with assault on my 12 year old stepson. arrested 4th Jan. At court duty solicitor arranged for me to go on social work diversion scheme. I attended this but was asked if I felt responsible for the assault so I said no as the boy is lying. Procurator Fiscal now asking if I want Diversion or court. I do not want to do diversion scheme as I would have to be guilty of the crime and I am not. However I do not want this to go to court as this would mean me "fighting" my husbands son and trying to discredit him which would have bad consequences for our family and I don't want to put my stepson through the ordeal. Is there another option?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Many thanks for your reply. Please cancel this question for me - no charge I hope!

I am going to phone the Procurator Fiscal tomorrow and arrange to meet her (if this is possible?) and ask her directly.