How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just opened a catering unit, the site is on a private

Customer Question

I have just opened a catering unit, the site is on a private car park, I do not have a street traders licence, but the e.v.h.have told me to close as I have no licence and am not more then 150 meters away from the next food outlet, are they allowed to do this? I live in inverness,scotland
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I answered a similar question from you earlier today and provided you with a copy of the relevant section of the Act.

However the narrative you now give states that you are trading from a private car park.

Do the public have access to that car park?