How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11450
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a friends partner has just died in scotland her will allowed

This answer was rated:

a friends partner has just died in scotland her will allowed her brothers and sisters tp pick a keepsake from the house they now say they will contest the will for a share of her savings. Do they have a claim ? Thankyou
Thank you for your question.

No they can't do that unless they can prove that the will is invalid in some way or that the deceased was forced into making the will.

The only persons who can claim against a will for legal rights are children of the deceased or the grandchildren of predeceasing children.

Brothers and sisters can't override the terms of the will. They have no claim.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you