How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11441
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced from my former wife and have remarried. I live

This answer was rated:

I am divorced from my former wife and have remarried. I live in England, my former wife moved back to Scotland after our divorce. I have been paying for my children while they are at universty and now the oldest is 21 and about to graduate from Aberdeen. She is about to go to Edinburgh university to do The Diploma in Legal Practice (PEAT) Do I have to continue to pay her alimony?
Thank you for your question.

Yes. You have a duty to aliment her whilst she is reasonably and appropriately undergoing full time education or training.

As the Diploma in Legal Practice is necessary to qualify as a solicitor it is a reasonable and appropriate course for her to do.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you