JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

if you get a settlement agreement with a lump sum before the

if you get a settlement agreement with a lump sum before the proof hearing, the court decret the divorce with the agreement lodged at the same time and how long does take to get the lump sum?
Thank you for your question.

The date for payment should either be in the minute of agreement or the joint minute entered into before the grant of decree of divorce is made. So the minute of agreement OR the divorce decree will specify when payment is to be made.

Quite often the payment is due on the grant of decree of divorce but the parties can agree a different date.

Happy to discuss further. It would be very unusual for a written agreement to be entered into and for no payment date to be specified.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If we don't get the joint agreement and wait for the Judge to decret divorce is the Judge who specified the date for payment the lump sum or we need to agree when the payment will be

If the parties don't agree the judge will decide.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

My pleasure. Please ask for JGM if I can help you in the future. I specialise in divorce in the Scots courts and should be able to answer most of your queries.