How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11271
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer is applying for a visa for me (L1-B), for the US.

Customer Question

My employer is applying for a visa for me (L1-B), for the US. When I was around 18 I, extremely stupidly, punched a girl and threw milkshake on her car. My problem is I can't actually remember what the outcome was of the case. I do remember that she tried to claim I hit her with a glass, which I most certainly did not, so my solicitor said to plead not guilt which I did, and I went to court.I think I got a 6 month suspended sentence and was admonished.How can I find out?Assume I must declare?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Yes you do have to declare. It probably won't affect you other than you might have to go to the US embassy for interview before they grant the visa but you do have to declare it on the form.

You can ask Disclosure Scotland for a basic disclosure. That will show up any convictions. Follow this link:

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.