How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 344
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After a court hearin g in scotland for speeding i get a

Customer Question

after a court hearin g in scotland for speeding i get a final sentance. the letter states "the sentence imposed was dicounted in terms of section 196 of the criminal procedure (scotland) act 1995 and would otherwise have been 5 penalty points ED20-DVLA" cannot find any referance to the affence code ED20 i am contesting the outcome as the fine is well over the top for speeding as originaly it was a fixed penalty of £60 and 3 points that when i tried to pay they would not except saying i had 9 points on licence and was sent to court which i attended at costs due to living in leicester midlands i fanaly proved that i had not got 9 points and the final sentance was 4 points and £250 fine the trips to court were into the £800 with loss of work and traveling.. i have apeal paperwork and all my evidance (i was not at court at final sentencing on tues 2/4/2013


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have now employed legal assistance and wish to cancel and have my money refunded thank you