JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

our adopted 17 year old has gone back to live with her birth

our adopted 17 year old has gone back to live with her birth family. what if anything are we responsible for?
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

happy to wait.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Thank you for your question.

You are responsible for paying maintenance to her if she is in full time education or training.

If she is in full time employment you are not liable to her and have no responsibilities although she is entitled to claim legal rights in your estate on your death.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.