Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

on the roadside near my home a two barbed wire (double) fence…

Customer Question
on the roadside near my...
on the roadside near my home a two barbed wire (double) fence has been erected on the edge of the road ,no pavement right on the edge on a sharp corner with the wire on the outside next to the road. as some one who has been involved in farming all my life I was always led to beleive it was illegal to have the wires placed like this , as it is only a matter of time till a young cyclist catches on those wire's and is torn to peices..
can you please help me in this matter
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/29/2010
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Thank you for your question.

The law states that barbed wire should not be used on land adjoining a public highway where it may cause injury to people or livestock using the highway. There should also be no barbed wire within a metre of a gap, gate or stile.

I hope that this helps. Please press ACCEPT so that I am credited for my time.
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Hello. Can you tell me the Act of parliament that contains the law you referred to above?

Best regards,

DM
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 7 years ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.