Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

Good Afternoon, my home suffers from flooding caused by Scottish…

Customer Question
Good Afternoon, my home suffers...
Good Afternoon, my home suffers from flooding caused by Scottish Water owned sewer. We have fought long and hard with not a great deal of satisfaction. In wet weather, day or night someone has to be at home to manually insert a electric pump in to a sewer chamber to keep sewerage water from our property. Indeed we can not go on holiday as for fear of heavy rain when we are not in residence as it has been proven that if we do not manually observe the drain in these conditions it will flood our home. I have been known to take days off my work in wet weather just so I can protect my home. This has been going on now for 4 years. Have my human rights been breached? Thank you for your assistance. Stuart Walker
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/26/2010
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.