Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

Husband has no divorce proceedings in place. For sale of house…

Customer Question
Husband has no divorce proceedings...
Husband has no divorce proceedings in place. For sale of house husband asked wife for half of home report survey - no response received from Wife to this question. Waiting for this. As nil response from wife re same have done nothing since. Husband wants house sold but proceed of sale only to be passed over to wife once divorce has gone through. Two year period split November - no separation agreement in place though. Wife not interested in divorce proceedings but just wants financial gain. Wife now urging sale of house saying the Court will force a sale of house and is entitled to half house and money. Wife receives standing order for maintenance payments for 2 children - no assets only house only money is wage from work. What money is she entitled to she gets maintenance. Husband has not got money for home report solely only solution is repossession.  House and mortgage in sole name of husband - wife never paid for mortgage
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/16/2010
Lawyer: TNV, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
TNV
TNV, Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Wondered what money wife thinks she is entitled? I pay child maintenance weekly. I am not liable to pay her anything am I? What does she mean the court will force sale of house. I have an old car but bought this after the split? Can she get money which is from my salary in bank?