Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

wife leaves for other man. I have my own flat ( currently rented…

Customer Question
Wife leaves for other man...
Wife leaves for other man. I have my own flat ( currently rented out ) We were living wth my parents due to financial cirumstances due to my ill health and she a student, for 11 months 2/09 till 12/09 She paid no bills food elec etc. She had left twice before! Has left me with over 15k debt in my name as she couldnt get funds as a student! This money used to pay for wedding, honeymoon and improve decorate the flat.(had to borrow funds as she spent inheritance from father which was to help pay for wedding )
Is she entitled to anything from me.?
We married 9/07. she left 9/08 for 4 mnths , then back together 2/09 ( staying at my parents)
I bought my flat in 9/05 (after she left the 1st time!)whilst i was single.It was not bought to be marital home, although we stayed in for almost 12 months. some of that time she be away at her mothers. Not in flat since 9/08
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/15/2010
Lawyer: JGM, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.