Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

I am going through a messy divorce at the moment. My solicitor…

Customer Question
I am going through a...
I am going through a messy divorce at the moment. My solicitor has not ben available for meetings and has not replied to emails. I have just received a letter from him saying he is no longer prepared to act for me as i have failed to provide him with instructions!!
Along with this letter i was sent a copy of a motion which was lodged by my ex husbands solicitors to have me held in comtempt of court. This is the first i am aware of such a motion and the date to lodge a notice of opposition has past.
I have an appointment with a new lawyer but not till next week, will i be held in contempt of ccourt meantime?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/18/2009
Lawyer: Clare, Solicitor replied 9 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor
hi
where do you live?
claire

I live in scotland. The contempt of court is because i was very unwell a few weeks ago and unable to bring my children to see their father at the contact centre where he has supervised visits.

hi
i will opt out transfer this to the scottish law section for you
claire
Thank you