Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

My Ex wife to be moved my kids away 6 months ago down south…

Customer Question
My Ex wife to be...
My Ex wife to be moved my kids away 6 months ago down south and I could only just afford to see them once a month, she has now decided to return to Scotland next weekend and is expecting me to drop everything and sign a formal contarct that I will take the kids every second weekend and twice for tea through the week, I do not wish to sign anything as she is very unflexible, although she said if something comes up we can be flexible, this was not the case in the past, I was forced to take the kids on a weekend I was moving house as she was going out!
I have suggested I will take kids two weekends out of month (a month in advance not prearrangeing 6 months as she suggests) and will arrange which nights I can take them for tea, but this is not good enough, I work for a living and jobs arent easy to come by, but she is saying you must put kids first! I dont want to upset my employer and eventually lose my job. can she force me into signing an agreement of such?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/3/2009
Lawyer: ScotsLawPro, Solicitor replied 9 years ago
ScotsLawPro
ScotsLawPro, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.