Scots Law

Scottish law questions? Ask a Scots lawyer

I purchased a 3 piece suite on 23rd Feb, 2009 and it was delivered…

Customer Question
I purchased a 3 piece...
I purchased a 3 piece suite on 23rd Feb, 2009 and it was delivered on the 11th May, 2009. Within 1 hour of delivery we noticed a cut on the leather couch. The cut was about one inch across and was similar to that caused by a sharp blade.

On contacting the shop they contacted G Plan who arranged for an upholsterer to view the damage. He reported to G Plan recommending a full replacement back cushion.

His report suggested the damage may have been caused by a Stanley Knife.

It is here that the shop have been asked to share responsibility by G Plan. We now find the shop telling us that the cushion will have to be removed and the damaged section repaired. This would involve removal of the couch for the repair. Not as initially stated: The cushion would be replaced with a new cushion. I have paid in full for the suite.

Can I legally reject the suite at this stage and request a refund. What are my options. What is the responsibility of the shop who supplied suite.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Scots Law
6/2/2009
Lawyer: K, Solicitor replied 9 years ago
K
K, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.